Insects & Rodents have a different effect on us. There are pests which do give us just lighter effects but there are some which are extremely dangerous. Let us always be careful if these creatures keep roaming around our homes as we do not know what could they bring. We are able to determine that there are a lot of species that are considered “pests”. In this article, let us focus more on rodents and what they could bring as soon as they step inside our homes.
Pest Control Expert
We spoke to Warren from Blacktown pest control and he said “Mice and Rats are the carriers of malicious diseases that can often be harmful to you and your family. So as soon as you notice you have a problem its best to call a professional”
Rodents are considered mammals bearing incisors in their upper and lower jaws. Some consider them cute and lovely but let us be mindful of these diseases that we could get from them:
- Leptospirosis – This is through some of the rat’s urine. Some infected persons show symptoms and some do not. If a person is caught having this sickness, he may be showing fever. Worst is, this could lead to kidney and liver damage if not being treated right away. Death will also follow once the complication increases.
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis – This disease is transmitted using the saliva and the urine of rats. Just by inhaling infectious particles of the urine, humans will greatly be affected. Symptoms include fever, lack of appetite, headaches, nausea etc.
- Allergy – This is a common case and humans can be contaminated with allergy in a lot of ways. However, this is also true in rodents. Their hair will cause humans some allergic reactions.
- Salmonellosis – This is transmitted through food and other sources that are being contaminated with the rat’s wastes. Common symptoms are diarrhea, fever, vomiting etc. The illness will also last usually for four to seven days.
- Tularemia – This is transmitted through rodent bites and handling animals being infected by it. Symptoms are fever, ulceration and could also cause pneumonia.
- Hantavirus – Humans can catch this disease through rat’s urine, saliva, contaminated food, and drinks. Symptoms are common just like a cough, cold and high fever.
- Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever – This is transmitted through rodent bites. Symptoms will not quickly after right after being bitten. The victim needs to wait for three to eight days for symptoms to appear.
- Actually, there a lot of diseases we could get from rodents but these are the common ones. The bottom line is, we should need to get rid of them as they carry germs primarily, they are also bringing illnesses.